- Personal Information Collection Statement
Personal Information Collection Statement
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTION STATEMENT
The provision of your personal data is voluntary. Please note that if you do not provide the Company and the Group with the required personal data, the Company and the Group may not be able to provide your requested information, products or services.
Purpose: From time to time it is necessary for us to use your personal data for the following purposes:
- offering, providing and marketing to you the products/services of the Company and the Group and its subsidiaries (see “Use of Personal Data for Direct Marketing Purposes” below) and administering, maintaining, managing and operating such products/services;
- processing and evaluating any applications or requests made by you for products/services offered by the Company and the Group and its subsidiaries ;
- providing subsequent services to you and administering the policies issued e.g. arranging medical examination for you (if required) and additions, alterations, variations, cancellation, renewal or reinstatement of the relevant policies;
- any purposes in connection with any claims made by or against or otherwise involving you or other claimants in respect of any products/services provided by the Company and the Group and / or its subsidiaries, including investigation of claims;
- for our data matching, internal business and administrative purposes;
- designing new or enhancing existing products/services of the Company and the Group and its subsidiaries;
- conducting market or actuarial research for statistical or similar purposes undertaken by the Company and the Group and its subsidiaries, the financial services industry or our respective regulators;
- matching any data held which relate to you from time to time for any of the purposes listed herein;
- meeting requirements imposed by any applicable law, rules, regulations, codes of practice or guidelines or assisting with law enforcement purposes, investigations by police or other government or regulatory authorities in Hong Kong or elsewhere including Mainland China;
- conducting identity and/or credit checks and/or debt collection;
- sending out administrative communications about any account you may have with the Company and the Group or about future changes to this Personal Information Collection Statement; and
- other purposes directly relating to any of the above.
Transfer of personal data: Personal data will be kept confidential but, subject to the provisions of any applicable law, may be transferred to:
- any of the subsidiaries of the Company and the Group in Hong Kong or elsewhere including Mainland China;
- any person (including private investigators and claims investigation companies) in connection with any claims made by or against or otherwise involving you in respect of any products/services provided by the Company and the Group and / or its subsidiaries;
- any agent, contractor or third party who provide services in connection with the product/services provided by the Company and the Group and / or its subsidiaries in the following classes of business: reinsurance, insurance intermediary, fund management or finance;
- any agent, contractor or third party who provides administrative, technology, data processing, telecommunications, computer, payment, debt collection, call centre services, direct marketing services or other services to the Company and the Group and / or its subsidiaries in connection with the operation of its business;
- other companies who help gather your information or communicate with you, such as research companies and credit reference agencies or, in the event of default, debt collection agencies;
- any actual or proposed assignee, transferee, participant or sub-participant of our rights or business;
- any medical clinics or hospitals or medical facilities for the purposes of carrying out any required medical examinations; and
- any government department or other appropriate governmental or regulatory authority, whether within or outside Hong Kong (such as Mainland China), to whom the Company and the Group and / or its subsidiaries are requested or required by any applicable law, rules, regulations, codes of practice or guidelines to make disclosures.
Your personal data may be provided to any of the above parties who may be located in Hong Kong or outside of Hong Kong (such as Mainland China), and in this regard you consent to the transfer of your data outside of Hong Kong including but not limited to Mainland China.
Transfer of your personal data will only be made for one or more of the purposes specified above. For our policy on using your personal data for promotional or marketing purposes, please see the section entitled “Use of Personal Data for Direct Marketing Purposes”.
Use of Personal Data for Direct Marketing Purposes: The Company and the Group intends to:
- Use your name, contact details, products and services portfolio information, transaction pattern and behaviour, financial background and demographic data held by the Company and the Group from time to time for direct marketing in Hong Kong and outside Hong Kong (such as Mainland China);
- Conduct direct marketing (including providing reward, loyalty or privileges programmes) in relation to the following classes of products and services that the Company and the Group and its subsidiaries may offer:
- insurance, annuities, banking, wealth management, retirement plans, investment, financial services, credit cards, securities and related products and services; and
- health, wellness and medical, food and beverage, sporting activities, memberships and related products and services;
- The above products and services may be provided by:
- the Company and the Group or any of its subsidiaries;
- any agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides administration, data processing, telecommunications, computer, payment, debt collection or securities clearing, technology outsourcing, call center services, mailing and printing services in connection with the operation of the Company and the Group’s business and provision of our services to you;
- agents, contractors or third party service providers including companies to help deliver our services, such as reinsurance companies, investment management companies, claims investigation companies, industry associations or federations; and
- other companies who help gather your information or communicate with you, such as research companies and ratings agencies.
- The Company and the Group requires your written consent (which includes an indication of no objection) for the Company and the Group to use and to provide the data to the third parties as set out above for any promotional or marketing purpose.
You may withdraw your consent for the Company and the Group to use and to provide to a third party of your personal data for direct marketing purposes at any time, and thereafter the Company and the Group shall, without charge to you, cease to use such data for direct marketing purposes. If you wish to withdraw your consent, please contact the Data Protection Officer (details below).
Access and correction of personal data: Under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, you have the right to ascertain whether the Company and the Group holds your personal data, to obtain a copy of the data, to correct any data that is inaccurate, and to ascertain the Company and the Group’s policies and practices in relation to personal data. You may also request the Company and the Group to inform you of the type of personal data held by it.
Requests for access and correction or for information regarding policies and practices and types of data held should be addressed in writing to:
Data Protection Officer, China Taiping Life Insurance (Hong Kong) Company Limited.，7/F, Phase 2, China Taiping Tower, 8 Sunning Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
Telephone: 2853 6333 / Fax: 2853 6323
A reasonable fee may be charged to offset the the Company and the Group's administrative and actual costs incurred in complying with your access requests.